WYCC reinforce their commitment to you and your family by providing you with a new telemedicine service. Get the right care without leaving your home or your vessel and save precious time with Teladoc!
With Teladoc, you now get access to a team of doctors or specialists to discuss any health and medical concerns, wherever you are.
Why use telemedicine?
Online medical consultation requires the use of video, via a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Video allows the physician to examine the back of the throat, a swelling, a pimple or any other symptom in order to establish a diagnosis. The patient, thanks to communication technologies, will also be able to discuss with his physician. The teleconsultation should replace many of classic consultations at the physician’s office.
Advantages of this new service:
- Telemedicine, an answer to mobility issues: people who are unable to move around, due to physical disability, to a lack of number of physicians in the location area or difficulties to have a medical appointment, will be among the first to benefit from the advantages of telemedicine.
- Reduction of time spent in the waiting room: no longer do you have to wait long minutes before accessing a consultation with your physician and service available 24/7.
- Improving the quality of care: a patient requiring regular medical follow-up, in the case of a chronic illness, will be able to benefit from teleconsultation. Less demanding in terms of time and travel, the medical staff will be able to provide much better support and more easily envisage the necessary care.
- Telemedicine improves working conditions: more and more companies are now offering their employees the opportunity to consult a physician from their premises via an online consultation system. In this way, there is no need to take time off or take a day off to consult a healthcare professional. Telemedicine helps to improve employee well-being and working conditions.
In conclusion, this technology gives a Worldwide access to medical care to everyone. It also enables seafarers and expatriates who cannot visit a physician due to work location to receive quicky a medical diagnosis, treatment or prescription of drugs from an accredited medical physician without any additional costs.
This new technology allows you to take care of you with a real followed up of your medical treatment pathology or chronic conditions. You will always receive a quick answer to your medical situation at any time whatever your location or situation. If you would like to talk with a medical advisor directly from your bed, this is possible. Only few minutes required. You will save you valuable time and that will be very helpful.
Teladoc is free of charge, unlimited for you and your family, and available 24/7. Talk to a doctor, therapist, or medical expert anywhere you are.
How to access the service?
- Sign in to your Henner member portal or myHenner mobile app. You can use your regular credentials
- On the Homepage, click on the « Medical Network » tab
- Access the Teladoc platform through the dedicated link
- Schedule a video consultation: enter the virtual waiting room at the day and time requested and the provider will meet you there. Note: you can also request a call back and a provider will call you on the phone as soon as possible
- Get medical advice 24/7 in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese or German (German available from Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm CET Time)
26 février, 2021